Forth Co. Consignment Guidelines
In the guidelines below, we will discuss the following:
- What we accept and don't accept
- Advertising and Promotion
- Tips for Successful Preparation and Selling
- Labelling Guidelines
- Designer Items
- Pricing Guide
- Unsold Items
What we accept and don't accept
We always accept:
- Adult, Teen and Plus Size Clothing (All Season accepted)
- Clothes: Dress (except for maternity clothes and dresses), excellent quality of shirts, blouses, polos, unused swimsuit, sweater, jacket, pants, shorts, office blazer (contact us if you need further details)
- Formal Wear (except for bridal gowns)
- Accessories (belts, hats, purses, carves etc.)
- Bags, handbags (** Please note we will NOT accept ANY replica/knock-off designer bags [even if marked faux, knock-off, replica, etc.] By law we are not permitted to sell them - they are considered counterfeit goods.)
- Jewelry (highly expensive jewelry will be upon discretion of Forth Co whether we will accept it or not)
- Shoes in sellable and excellent condition (heels, pumps, rubber shoes, sneakers,flats)
We will NOT accept the following:
- Overpriced items
- Shoes that are scuffed/overly worn
- Children’s clothing (in the meantime), Contact us if clarification is needed.
- Any items that have been recalled
- Items with missing parts, no buttons, no zipper etc.
- Stained or torn clothing of any kind. Please consider donating any wearable, but not sellable clothing.
IMPORTANT: Acceptance policy
All items will be inspected after pick up or upon drop off in our preferred location. This is to ensure the highest quality of items that will be available for our buyers/shoppers. Only clean items in excellent working condition will be accepted. Prior to drop-off all items must be properly labeled with your preferred price and name. Unlabeled items will not be sold. Clothing must be separated by size prior to drop-off meet up. To aid in transportation of large clothing quantities, it may help to rubber-band/consolidate like sizes together. If you have any questions about a particular item, please contact us!
Advertising and Promotion
- We rely heavily on word of mouth, social media, and friends.
- If you are a member of a community or email list, have a presence on Facebook/Instagram/Twitter, please post information about our website: www.forthco.ph. These are a great way to get the word out!
- LIKE our Facebook Page – Forth Co / follow us on Instagram - @forthcoph, and share the posts that are published as each sale approaches.
- You must fill out our CONSIGN form before participating in our platform. As of our operations, we are accepting a lot and new consignors on our wait list– please complete this form for more information.
- Registration for ALL consignors is available at any time. We use online registration via the registration form on our website.
- Every form received between 10:00 PM onwards will be attended the next following day.
- If you ar enecountering problems with the form, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please review the labeling/item preparation instructions
Tips for Successful Preparation and Selling
- Label each item with standard masking tape label no larger than 2″ by 2″. [Do not use blue tape.] Use a dark colored marker or Sharpie when writing labels. Put the label on the outside of the garment or in cloth label in plain sight, unless it will damage the material. For shoes, place one label in an obvious location. Forth Co. will remove all labels upon shipment of your item to buyer/shoppers
- Price each item in an adequate pricing only. All items priced over PHP 8,000 should be consigned over appointment with Forth Co. member. Despite our best efforts, high-priced items may incur dust, minor damage when we place it in our storage . If you are uncomfortable accepting this risk, please do not consign expensive items.
- Labels must be legible! Do not cross out mistakes- make a new label. If we can’t read it, it will not be sold. Do not make your labels too small.
- There will be a lot of items to choose from at our pre-loved items to sell! Overpriced items, when compared to more reasonable choices, may be left behind.
- If you’re selling small items of value, such as unbranded shirts, dresses, out of style fashion items etc., Forth Co. will secure the items. Forth Co will prioritize all sellable items for your best interest too. Forth Co. will put them out for the pre-sale and then secure them again until SALE period. This is the best way to ensure the security of your items and for inventory purposes.
- If you want the proceeds from the sale of any of your items to go to the one of our charity partners, please send us an email to make arrangements.
- Forth Co. team can assist you with this during the event
- Use masking tape in labelling your items.
- Use sharpie or any bold pointed pen for writing
- Label should have Name of consignor, size of shoes/clothes/ price
Brands we accept include, but are not limited to:
- Ann Taylor, Michael Kors, Nine West, Gucci, Christian Dior, Balenciaga, Channel, Prada,Fendi, Donna Karan, Givenchy, Loewe, Marc Jacobs, Celine, Carolina Herrera, Long Champ,Anne Klein, Banana Republic, BCBG, Bebe, Gap, Guess, J Crew, Kate Spade, Lacoste, Louis Vuitton, Milly, Michael Stars, New York & Company, Ralph Lauren, Tory Burch, Tommy Hilfiger, Vera Bradley, Victoria's Secret Pink, and MANY OTHERS. (Others, not specified brands may fall under clothes that is accepted). Any knock-offs will be removed.
- Branded Maternity dress, Clothing/shoes out of date or out of season. (We prefer items to be no older than 4 years. However, there are some exceptions to this with “timeless” pieces.)
- Lingerie, sleep wear, undergarments, stockings, socks, used bathing suits (for hygienic reasons)
- Clothing with stains, holes, fading, wrinkles, missing buttons or broken zippers.
- Clothing that smells of smoke
- Clothing that is pilling, has lint, fuzz or pet hair.
- Bridal gowns from different fashion designers
- Shoes that look worn - ALL designer shoes must be in like new condition.
- Place all clothing that has been washed and pressed on hangers with the hook facing left,(like a question mark). For high end clothes only or you may fold it nicely
- Use a zip tie, safety pin to secure the label to the inside label of the garment. If there is not an inside label, attach the label with a safety pin in a seam.
- Try not to cause any damage to the clothing with the safety pin- pinning it to a seam should help deter potential damage.
- If selling a two piece outfit you must create 1 label for the 2-piece outfit.
- Handbags need to be stuffed with paper or bags so that they will stored nicely. Attach labels to the outside handle of the handbag.
- Double check all of your items to make sure each label is attached to the proper item.
- Please wash all shoes before labelling them. Clean shoes sell faster and command higher prices than dirty ones. Feel free to put pairs of shoes in ziploc bags to keep them clean, as long as you double-tag the plastic bag. Unlike clothing, it is acceptable to pack a box/bag with shoes of different sizes.
- Label shoes ONLY with their shoe size. Please do not label as “3T” but rather with the actual shoe size.
- Due to space concerns, do not use shoe boxes (except for designer shoes).
- Shoes should be tied/bound together.
Pricing Guide (These are suggestions, not rules)
- If you would like to sell as many items as possible, we suggest pricing toward the lower end of the price range. We observed that those who price a bit lower tend to be the highest earners because they have been able to sell more items.
- Please take brand, size, condition and age into consideration and adjust the percentage accordingly.
- In addition, ask yourself, what would you pay for a similar item?
- One rule of thumb for pricing is to price your items 25-35% of retail.
- For example, if you paid Php 1000.00 for an item, you may choose to price it at Php 250.00- Php 300.00
- We highly recommend allowing all of your items to be discounted 50% for our special online sale.
- If you have any pricing questions, you are welcome to contact us at email@example.com
- All items must meet a Php 250.00 minimum.
Unsold items are donated to worthy organizations and or designers who are willing to upcycle clothing items chosen by Forth Co. If you do not wish to have us donate your items, please let us know after the consignment period. We will be in touch with you via email to schedule a pick up of your unsold items.
Forth Co. will deposit your total sales after the consignment period. Please prepare your account details for us to process your payout. The payout percentage will be dependent on the selling price per item. Please check below for reference.