ReMake Our World: The lives behind what we wear
Dirty Secrets of Fashion
- The fashion industry has a disastrous impact on environment.
- This is the second most polluting industry in the world - next to oil industry.
- The fashion industry is one of the most complex and least transparent global production networks.
Why Fashion & Sustainability
“If we want to maintain fashion as a beautiful artefact, we need to really consider how our resources are deployed” -Professor Dilys Williams, Director, Centre for Sustainable Fashion, London College of Fashion
Breaking up with Fast Fashion
- Disempowers women - 80% of garment workers around the world are suffering with low wages, sexual harassment and lack of upward mobility
- Fast Fashion is disastrous to our environment - It takes 2,720 liters of water were used to make your favorite tee (equivalent to 3 years of drinking water for 1 person!)
- Fast Fashion in wasteful - Only 20% are actually reused or recycled. The clothing that ends up in landfills can sit there for 200-plus years, and as it decomposes, it emits methane—a greenhouse gas more potent than carbon.
Who We Are
We are a community of designers, IG addicts, feminists, storytellers, and all around fashion aficionados, who believe that fashion can be a force for good. We’re using our purchasing power, our voice, and our creativity to make the invisible women who power the fashion industry visible. We are committed to breaking up with fast fashion and have taken the pledge to buy better, remaking our closets with clothes that respect women and our planet.
#WearYourValues and join us!
Join the Movement!
- Equip yourself
- Shop differently / responsibly
- Use your voice